Why is personal information held by the Alexander Burn Funeral Directors?
Alexander Burn Funeral Directors holds personal information about you so that it can provide you with services.
What rights do I have over my personal information?
You have rights over the information we hold about you. These rights are:
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data
- the right to rectification of your personal data - you have the right to tell us where we are processing information about you that is not correct and ask us to put it right
The right to be forgotten/erasure of your personal data - you can ask for your personal data to be erased if:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected or processed it for;
- we are relying on consent as our lawful basis for holding the personal data, and you withdraw your consent;
- we are relying on the legitimate interest grounds as our basis for processing and you object to the processing of your data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing;
- we are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and you object to that processing;
- we have processed the personal data unlawfully; or
- we must do it to comply with a legal obligation.
The right to restrict your personal data - you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- you asked us to put incorrect personal data about you right and we are verifying the accuracy of the data;
- the data has been unlawfully processed and you don't want us to delete it and requests restriction instead;
- we no longer need the personal data, but you need us to keep it in order for you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim;
- you have objected to us processing your data under the legitimate interest processing condition, and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds override yours; or
- we are relying on your consent to process the personal data and you withdraw your consent to process it.
Requesting information held about you
You can make a data subject access request by asking us for copies of the information we hold about you. We can ask you to give us details of the services you use to help us to find the information we hold about you.
We will need to use your personal data to manage your request.
You are entitled to see your personal data (with some specific exceptions).
How can I action my rights?
You can action your rights either verbally or in writing. We will need you to provide us with enough information to confirm your identity so we can be satisfied that we are giving the personal data to the right person and any other details which you think may help us to find your information. We may also ask you for identification.
Any written request or application form should be emailed, posted or delivered to the Alexander Burn Funeral Directors at the address below or call the Cheltenham Office on 01242 245350 to make a verbal request.
The information given will be a print out of the information from the computer system or be photocopies or scanned copies of manual records. Alexander Burn Funeral Directors is obliged to respond as soon as possible and at the latest within one month of receiving all the information we need to be able to action your request.
What should I do when I receive copies of the information you hold about me?
You should check it to ensure that you have received all the information which you are entitled to and to make sure it is correct. If you think that we hold information which is wrong, please let us know as soon as possible.
Address to which requests should be sent:
Alexander Burn Funeral Directors
436 High Street
Phone number: 01242 245350
Further information on data protection can be obtained from:
The Office of the Information Commissioner,
Telephone: 01625 545 745.
Web Site: www.ico.gov.uk